Monday, February 13, 2006

character animation yummies

I have potentially just stumbled upon the epitomie of awesome. Ok, maybe not, but this is some really really impressive character animation reference material.

Animation Podcast

I may be behind everyone in discovering this, but if you haven't heard of it... it's really great stuff. He interviews a number of talented animators, including Andreas Deja, and gets all sorts of inspiring tidbits, including stories and advice passed on by some of the old Disney guys like Milt Kahl.

I've only had time to listen to Andreas and one of Nik Ranieri's interviews but they are so inspiring. Not even for the animation advice but for the stories about how these guys made it into the business and who they met along the way and what they learned from them. It's also a great way to start learning who did what, which animator animated what and what they think about their own work.

I would like to be able to name more animators and identify styles by watching a scene and guessing who did it. I've allready added a number of Disney flix to my netflix queue to begin watching some of the scenes mentioned in these interviews now that I have even more background to go on. :)
~Cristin

Labels:

2 Comments:

At Thursday, March 9, 2006 at 1:05:00 AM EST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah Cristin, I second this. I've been listening to Clay's show since it began, and it's really addicting to sit there and listen to all of these golden stories from these legendary artists/animators. I'm putting in my request for Glen Keane, I'm sure I'm not the only one asking!
Anyway, I hope to get a chance to pick up your CD's, I hear on the (AM) Forums that they're really worth every penny. Keep up the good work... Noah

 
At Monday, March 13, 2006 at 8:36:00 PM EST, Blogger Cristin McKee said...

Thanks for the kind words Noah. And yes, a Glen Keane interview would be fabulous. I hope he is asked and agrees to do it. :)

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Powered by WebRing.