Thursday, October 04, 2007

First Impressions of AM

Animation Mentor is everything I expected it to be and more. There's just a huge pool of resources, excellent teaching standards, and multitudes of happy inspired students clambering to critique and be critiqued and basically obsessed with networking.

My whole mood has changed. I'M happier. I don't have to do all my animation in a boring slog at work. I'll have guidance and encouragement and really harsh critiques. It's going to be hard, but it's going to be f****ing great!

The initial euphoria is wearing off a little. I'm a little scared. I am not going to have any free time for 18 months. This is it. Buckle down and pony up. My relationships are going to suffer. My skill will go up, but will my Anzovin work suffer too? Will I be happy staying at Anzovin for almost two more years? I love that place but I was ready to move on last year, and I'm STILL here. But nowhere else will I have the freedom to work less than 50 hours a week. Heck, I have the freedom to work less than 40 or less than 30 if I beg enough.

Thanks for reading!

~Cristin

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Powered by WebRing.