Sunday, July 26, 2009

Request for feedback on my reel

A former mentor made me realize that I really need some professional work on my demo reel in order to stand out. I recall that I got a much stronger initial reaction at the job fair at Siggraph three years ago, when they saw professional work all over my shot breakdown, than I did at the more recent animation mentor job fair, with just AM stuff listed.

I'm not sure how much that matters when the work on your demo reel is good, but I really don't want to shoot myself in the foot with first impressions.

So I've quickly put together a new reel, trying to ease in some professional shots. They are likely the weakest stuff on there and the reel is running a bit long now. Could you guys please let me know what you might cut, either from the professional or Animation Mentor work? Thanks so much!


View Better Quality HERE or see below:


Labels:

2 Comments:

At Monday, January 11, 2010 at 10:02:00 AM EST, Blogger Cinthia Fujii said...

Hey Cristin!

Really Great Demo Reel!! :D

 
At Wednesday, January 20, 2010 at 12:02:00 AM EST, Blogger thndrcat said...

Hey Cristin, fellow Amer here. I just joined the northest google group.

Anywho, theres alot of great stuff on your reel. And the professional stuff does definitely spice things up a bit.

I would def leave off that weird alligatory thing with all the teeth. The one by the fire campsite, its the 2 shots right before that cool lil lego looking guy on his iPod.

So def drop those 2 shots & maaaybe the cat at the end, i'll leave THAT one up to u to decide. And after that I think ur reel is pretty solid!

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Powered by WebRing.