Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Dragon Flight Cycle

I've been ramping up for doing a big dragon test. Yes, sadly that means my short is on hold. But it's something I've always wanted to do and I do want some creature work on my reel. To that end, here's a flight cycle I'm working on. Next will come a walk cycle, and finally a little story that I can really have fun with! I'm very excited about it.

This guy was purchased from Turbosquid, rigged with Anzovin's The Setup machine, and then I used the rig to adjust his proportions. I wanted much more massive forearms so he can use them to walk in the mini short. And also the wings were waaay too small for anything. They're still too small for feasibility but hey it's a giant flying lizard! Magic! Ponies! Unicorns! Yay!

Labels: , , , , ,

6 Comments:

At Thursday, January 14, 2010 at 9:31:00 PM EST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

whats up!, im new here. This website's great, I have learned loads from it already!

 
At Sunday, February 14, 2010 at 12:15:00 PM EST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice brief and this enter helped me alot in my college assignement. Thank you on your information.

 
At Tuesday, February 16, 2010 at 5:02:00 AM EST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

rhinthell.blogspot.com; You saved my day again.

 
At Saturday, February 27, 2010 at 10:48:00 PM EST, Blogger sabby3481 said...

Really nice flight cycle. You were always one of the best dragon animators I knew ;)

 
At Thursday, March 4, 2010 at 9:38:00 PM EST, Blogger Cristin McKee said...

Why thank you, lady. :) I actually see a lot of problems with it now that I should fix at some point!

 
At Friday, March 5, 2010 at 1:34:00 PM EST, Blogger sabby3481 said...

Looking at it again, there's a really nice and subtle compression going on with the legs and forearms.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Powered by WebRing.